Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Seasons of Fall

 

I moved a dirt clod
with my big toe
down a line of
cratered cement
the pieces
rolled
and fell into place
and place came around

I picked an acorn
with no hat
bald and no
facial expression
a blank stare
put in my pocket

a saw a two bird
V
geese gossiping
mad enough
to leaVe form
and colon ize

I caught one
leaf sliding down
a draft
a crispy curled
loner free fall
onto my life line

the big dipper
emptied a
ladle of frost
all over everything
crystal cool silver
plated night

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful imagery, Jerry - especially the dipper full of frost. And the hatless acorn - lovely!

    Suggestion for a title - "Lone"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'bald' acorn; they always look a bit odd without their lids.

    Nice Autumnal One Shot, Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice imagery, autumn can be so descriptive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jerry
    Very nicely done.. I enjoyed your words.. "I caught one
    leaf sliding down
    a draft"
    Perfect image...

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

So, you made a little time to stop by. You are welcome any time...speak freely.