Sunday, October 3, 2010

Psalm 91


the fowler’s foolin’ with me
noisome pestilence decibel drips
on my forehead
drip
       drip
   drip
I can’t remember where I
put the secret place
there are shadows that
pass over me
his feathers tickle my trust
his truth buckles me
a shield hard to lift
oblivious to terrors and arrows
I sleep walk and day dream
a thousand I see not
and ten thousand  aren’t
right in my hand
neither  should they be
the wicked get a reward
LORD
refuge
      HIGH
              habitation
no evil  no plague near me dwell
angels are in charge of me
held in their hands
no stubbed toes
the lion snake dragon
are stair steps
how do I set love
my love on
I am not good with names
pick up the phone
truth and trust
deliver me where
honour me why
keep showing me
in the little lengths of life

3 comments:

  1. thank you for highlighting that one...love you you were crative wiht the words as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you end this - the rhythm is fantastic
    ..truth and trust
    deliver me where
    honour me why
    keep showing me
    in the little lengths of life..think i'll read psalm 91 tonight...

    ReplyDelete

So, you made a little time to stop by. You are welcome any time...speak freely.